Ask questions, seek advice, or share your experience with vitamin C

Moderators: ofonorow, popnowlin

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Product Question Re: Vitamin A

Post by ofonorow » Sat May 25, 2024 4:51 pm

Hi Owen,

thank you for taking the time to respond to my question. First let me say I loved your first book Practicing Medicine Without a License and I enjoyed your 2nd book The Great Suppression of American Alternative Medicine even more, and your Vitamin C Cures website is fantastic and loaded with valuable and much needed information.

My question about Vitamin A is: in your recommendation list in your first book you list Vitamin A dosage as 20,000 to 40,000 IU. I believe you mentioned that you were the consultant for Tower Laboratories products and their included dosage of Vitamin A is 5000 IU for Heart Tech and 8500 IU for Ascorcine-9. I personally take Heart Tech, I started with Ascorcine-9. So I am curious why their formulas have such a lower dosage of Vitamin A than you recommend. I know you don't control their products, but is there another possible explanation besides keeping costs down?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Sincerely,

Kevin

Thank you for the kind words.

Great question.

First, it is interesting that in the first editions of Linus Pauling's How To Live Longer and Feel Better, Linus recommended 20,000 to 40,000 IU. After he died, the only change the Linus Pauling Institute made when they republished the book was to lower the amount of Vitamin A. This is not what influenced Tower, and for me personally, LPI changing the book made me angry.

There was a lot of propaganda against vitamin A that affected public opinion, to the extent that vitamin A was taken off drug store shelves as people became afraid to take it. In the beginning, there was some push back to including any vitamin A in the Tower products.

Why was Big Pharma suppressing vitamin A? Clinical studies have shown that vitamin A has a better anti-soft cancer effect than chemotherapies. Vitamin A is a direct competitor to the Cancer Industry.

As far as the amount in the Heart Technology products, while the RDA is/was 5000 iu, I think I've learned from the world expert that 2000 iu per day is required. The great success of Heart Technology attests to the current dosage, and to my knowledge, vitamin A is not directly involved in the heart disease process.

Vitamin A is cheap (or was at the time) so cost was not an issue.

My new "oracle" (Anthony William the Medical Medium) does not recommend vitamin A supplementation. If one were to follow Anthony's fruit and vegetable diet, Anthony implies there would be enough vitamin A (and vitamin K) in the diet.

Any fat soluble vitamin is hard to mix/dissolve in a drink mix, which is probably why the amount isn't higher.

I think the amounts in the Tower products are good amounts, and remember the therapeutic dosage is usually two jars per month..

I hope this helps
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “General Discussion Topics and Issues”