Copper enhances vitamin C's anti-cancer properties

Ask questions, seek advice, or share your experience with vitamin C

Moderators: ofonorow, popnowlin

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Copper enhances vitamin C's anti-cancer properties

Post by ofonorow » Tue May 21, 2024 3:38 pm

Enhancement of Antitumor Activity of Ascorbate against Ehrlich Ascites Tumor Cells by the Copper:Glycylglycylhistidine Complex

https://aacrjournals.org/cancerres/arti ... -Ascorbate
In order to increase the antitumor activity of ascorbate, we used the innocuous form of cupric ion complexed with glycylglycylhistidine, a tripeptide designed to mimic the specific Cu(II) transport site of albumin molecule. Although this square planar copper:glycylglycylhistidine complex did not significantly oxidize ascorbate at pH 7.4, it killed Ehrlich ascites tumor cells in vitro in a high concentration of ascorbate. The injections of large doses of ascorbate together with copper:glycylglycylhistidine prolonged the life span of mice inoculated i.p. with Ehrlich tumor cells. The target specificity against tumor cells was primarily attributable to their high peptide-cleaving activity.

Catalytic Therapy of Cancer by Ascorbic Acid Involves Redox Cycling of Exogenous/Endogenous Copper Ions and Generation of Reactive Oxygen Species
https://karger.com/che/article-abstract ... orbic-Acid
Catalytic therapy is a cancer treatment modality based on the generation of reactive oxygen species (ROS) through administration of ascorbate/medicinal herbal extracts and copper. It is known that antioxidants such as ascorbate also exhibit prooxidant activity in the presence of transition metals such as copper. Based on our work and that in the literature, in this review we propose a mechanism for the cytotoxic action of ascorbate against cancer cells
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

GWS
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Copper enhances vitamin C's anti-cancer properties

Post by GWS » Wed May 22, 2024 12:24 am

In Dr. Levy's book on Magnesium, he warns against ingesting iron or copper.....considering them poisons.....so this is a bit confusing......what am I missing?

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Copper enhances vitamin C's anti-cancer properties

Post by ofonorow » Wed May 22, 2024 9:36 am

Great question. I have been wary of copper myself for years, in part based on the writing of the Medical Medium. This is information from long-time researcher Loren Pickart, and the message is that while 1 mg is the "RDA", we need some copper, that even 3 to 4 mg of Copper, say as copper glycinate is safe and has important health benefits.

Pickart even cites research where 10 mg of copper per day is "safe" as the body seems to be able to normalize copper blood levels in hours.

David Schmidt CEO of LifeWave recommends adding 2 mg of copper glycinate daily, since his stem-cell X39 patches produce the GHK peptide which attaches to copper to be most effective stimulating stem cell function.

The fact that anemia that won't respond to iron, does respond to iron and copper is interesting to me personally. I have been avoiding copper and I have anemia. I have just started adding 3 mg of NOW Foods copper glycinate to my regimen. I have more blood testing August 2024

p.s., it is interesting that Pauling co-authored a paper from his Institute in 1983 showing that a form of copper added to high dose ascorbate enhanced ascorbate's cancer killing properties. (The topic of this thread)

Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “General Discussion Topics and Issues”